When it comes to facts on underage drinking and tips on how parents should approach this topic, we think TalkItOutNC.org has the best resources. We suggest you head there to read about:
- Facts on Underage Drinking
- Alcohol and the Developing Brain
- Starting the Conversation with your Kids
What we want to help you think through is where and how to store your alcohol to make sure your home is safe for your kids and their friends. Some options you could consider are:
- A lock box that sits inside your fridge that could hold cans or bottles.
- A lock that goes over a bottle
- Tamper evident stickers that would show you if something has been opened.