Anuvia now operates the detox facility once operated by Mecklenburg County.
For Mecklenburg County residents, having success with detox can be as simple as getting to Anuvia. We can give you helpful information if you call us @ 704.445.6900 before arriving.
Social Setting Detoxification
Anuvia’s Detoxification Program provides services 24/7/365 days per year to clients ages 18 and up. It is located at the Samuel Billings Center at 429 Billingsley Road in Charlotte, 28211. Detox provides a safe place to withdraw from alcohol and drugs without having to go to a hospital. During the detoxification stay, clients will gain helpful information regarding detoxification, receive an introduction to self-help groups, and work with a client manager to identify resources to support a strong recovery program. Clients in detox are offered an assessment during their stay and recovery options are discussed.
What you should bring to detox:
- $1 bills or quarters for the vending machines.
- All medications that you are taking.
- Only alcohol-free toiletries. Any toiletries with alcohol will be held until discharge and returned. If you don’t have toiletries, we provide them. (soap, shampoo, deodorant, razors, lotion, etc.).
- Bring clothes for 4-5 days. As the building temperatures vary and persons experiencing withdrawal may have hot and/or cold extremes, we recommend that you bring layered clothing. We have washing machines, dryers, and detergent available.
What you should not bring:
- We are smoke-free – no cigarettes, tobacco, cigars, e-cigarettes, or vaping.
- No electronics (radios, tablets, cameras, phones, etc.).
- No clippers (razors will be provided).
- No glass, bottles, scissors, etc.
- Linens, as we provide all linens and blanket.
- Food, as 3 meals and a snack are provided daily and vending machines are available.
Any questions? Call us at 704.445.6900.